Sunday, October 25, 2009

Flavored Milk

A reader of the blog, Irina, mentioned that when she was last in Russia, she noticed the phenomenon of "flavored milk." I decided to take a look and taste some if I could find it. I did not find a huge selection but did see two different brands of flavored milk for sale at the grocery story: Chudo (which is a popular maker of flavored yogurts) and Neo/Mazhitel.

Both brands sell small boxes of flavored milk that come with straws, probably aimed at children and perhaps adults on the go. I decided to try to Neo/Mazhitel version because it came in more original flavors. The Chudo brand came in predictable flavors like vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry, while Neo/Mazhitel sold a peach/passionfruit version.

I tasted the peach/passionfruit version and found that it tasted like juice with a little milk in it. It was much thinner than I expected and much less milky. The box promotes the product as "vitamins, milk, juice." This seems to be a pretty good description of the taste, although in that case, I would change the order to "juice, milk, vitamins." It tastes like sweet peach/passionfruit juice with a little milk flavor and a vague sense that you might be getting some Vitamin C by drinking it. Healthier or more tasty than regular milk? I think I will stick with unflavored milk and have my juice on the side! Nonetheless, an interesting product.

3 comments:

  1. apa sudah mencoba rasa yang lain jg? oh mungkin akan sama bukan
    Komplikasi Akibat Sipilis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your review, This kind of info proves to be very helpful while selecting a particular product. At our place we have Amul flavoured milk  which is loved by many. It is great in taste and good for health to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to provide such good kind of information about flavoured milk. I like flavoured milk of Nova dairy brand as it is pure and healthy.

    ReplyDelete